Last Updated January 4, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you contact us or interact with our Service, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect Personal Data when you sign up for our Service through the Site or an Happyly App or contact us. The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include:
- Account Data: When you sign up, some information is required to create an account on our Service, such as your name, email address, location and password.
- In app payments: For annual plans, you will be charged for a new year of service unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current year of service, which you can do in your account settings in the Apple App Store after purchase.
- Social Media Data: We have pages (“Social Media Pages”) on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram (each a “Social Media Site”). In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages or Social Media Features may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages and Social Media Features.
- Additional Information: To help improve your experience or enable certain features of the Service, you may choose to provide us with additional information, such as your number of children, children’s age, location, preferred days, distance from home.
- Information We Receive from Your Use of Our Service: When you visit, use, interact and register with the Service, we may automatically receive certain information about your visit, use, interactions or registration. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site or Happyly App, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site or Happyly App, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft InternetExplorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site- and Happyly App-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems.
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site or Happyly App. Log data includes your IP address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site or Happyly App), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site or Happyly App.
- Device Data: Includes the name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage and Activity Data: We collect information about how you use our Site and Happyly App, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take.
- Geolocation Data: If you have enabled location services for an Happyly App on your mobile device or on your computer via the Site, we may collect your precise location information based on city, state, zip code, country, latitude and longitude. Happyly may also derive your approximate location from the IP address of your computer or mobile device. Geolocation data is used for purposes of directing you to nearby trails and parks and offering other relevant content and services.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
If you elect to authenticate to our Service using your account on another service (such as a Facebook, Google, or Apple account), we may receive from the other service information like your external account name as well as other information you may choose to make available to us based on your external account settings, such as contact lists and profile photos (if any). You can stop sharing the information from the other service with us by removing our access to that other service.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data to enable your use of our Service, including to create your account, process payments, identify and direct you to nearby parks and trails, and give you customer support. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you. We also use Personal Data as necessary for the following legitimate business interests:
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions.
- To manage our relationship with you, which includes sending administrative information to you relating to our Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
- To enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our users personalized recommendations based on survey preferences and location.
- To administer and protect our business, the Site and Happyly App, prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site or Happyly App, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and to comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties, and enforce our terms and policies.
We may contact you to provide information we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email address, we may use that information to send you promotional information about our products and services. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are in the EU, we will only send you such emails if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site and Services and to respond to your requests.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; email communication software providers and email newsletter providers; data base and sales services; customer relationship management, customer engagement, and customer feedback services; payment processors; security services; and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to lawful requests from public authorities and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. We will address your request as required by applicable law.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Collection, Disclosure, and Use of Personal Data: The categories of Personal Data we have collected in the preceding twelve months are described above in the “Information We Collect” section. In the preceding twelve months, we have disclosed for business purposes each of the categories identified in that section to the categories of third parties identified in the “How We Share and Disclose Personal Data” section. The business and commercial purposes for collecting Personal Data are described in the “How We Use Personal Data” section. We collect Personal Data directly from you and from external accounts you use to log-in to the Service.
Privacy Rights: Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- To know the categories of Personal Data that Happyly has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Data, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected.
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Data that Happyly has collected about you.
- To know whether Happyly has disclosed your Personal Data for business purposes, the categories of Personal Data so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data.
- To have Happyly, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Data; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these CCPA rights.
Happyly does not sell your Personal Data.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner. Once we receive your request, we will verify your identity by sending an email to the email address you provide to us.
If you have questions about your rights or our disclosures under the CCPA, or to request access to an alternative format of this notice, you may reach us at email@example.com.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Happyly does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Happyly through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Happyly via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for ircumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third-party websites.
Whether or not you provide Personal Data to us is completely up to you, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request access to your data or to ask us to update, correct, or delete your Personal Data.